We strongly recommend you always keep your Gemini 4:4:4 product updated with the latest firmware. We frequently add new features, hot keys, and bug fixes at no cost. For more detailed instructions, please refer to the User Manual.
Please Note: We do not recommend that you update to a new firmware during the middle of a production.
INSTALLING UPDATES TO THE GEMINI 444
- Format an SSD on the Gemini
- Take to computer, delete the “SANDBOX” file from the SSD if there is one
- Copy the new firmware onto the SSD
- Insert the SSD back to the Gemini and follow the prompt to update the firmware
- After updating, return the SSD to the computer and delete the firmware update
- Format the SSD again on the Gemini for recording
NOTE: We recommend never to delete the “SANDBOX” file or any files from an SSD on a computer, unless you are loading a firmware update or other essential file from the computer to the SSD.
Click here for detailed UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS (Mac or PC) and USER MANUAL.
NOTE: Some browsers are not displaying this information correctly. If you are having trouble viewing this document, please right-click to save linked file to your computer and open from there. Link may also open in another window.
Option Upgrade Instructions
To activate an Option (ARRIRAW, Canon Raw, or Stereo 3D) for Production Use:
- Purchase the Option from your local Dealer.
- On the Gemini, go to Gemini > Set > Keys > ARRIRAW / Canon Raw / 3D
- With an SSD inserted into Slot 1, enter value “10000000” (eight-digit) for the Key; press “OK”.
- A Unit ID File is written to the SSD. Using the provided transfer station, save this file to your computer.
- Upon receipt of the Option order, Convergent Design will contact you to obtain necessary contact information and the Unit ID File. This information is used to process your unique Activation Key.
Convergent Design will provide the Activation Key to be entered into the Key field and activate the upgrade Option on the Gemini 4:4:4.